From the first day of the escalation of the full war on the 24th of February, batalion Azov defends Mariupol. Azovstal, the area of the metallurgical combine, that produces iron and steel, is the only territory in Mariupol, that is not occupied by russians. Active fights are going on there, the place is shilled not only through the air but also on the land and the sea. Batallion Azov is defending Azovstal. Civilians together with defenders, among whom are wounded people, are living in inhuman conditions without food and access to drinkable water. At the moment there is no possibility for the Azov battalion to evacuate, as they are surrounded.
We have to act. People there can not wait for longer. It is time to shout and take attention to that.
What actions can I do to support people in Mariupol and defenders of Azovstal?
1. Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/save-mariupol-192ea846-9fe1-476c-bb72-5474538c7c06
It is an appeal to the United Nations, in particular the Secretary-General of the United Nations, and world leaders to launch an urgent "extraction" procedure, of civilians, all wounded, the bodies of the fallen and Ukrainian soldiers from blockaded Mariupol. You will have to confirm your signature via letter (link) that your receive by email. The petition is a good start, but there is a need to get more.
2. Arrange protests, meetings, performances, and peaceful protests abroad in front of embassies, UN representative offices, on the main squares of the capitals, and other big cities around the globe.
3. If you know Ukrainian and English, translate and create content to explain to the global audience the large-scale tragedy of Azovstal.
4. Support and listen to the initiatives of people who are in Azovstal. For example, Sergey Volina (in Instagram @serjvlk), who is acting commander of the 36th marine brigade.
5. Call international organizations, world leaders, foreign administrations, and world brands - talk about Azovstal. While contacting UN representatives, requesting them to organise a peacekeeping mission.
6. Also, call the above mentioned to join the open letter, addressed to the UN, requesting the organization of a peacekeeping mission and rescue all the people in Azovstal.
7. Inform the international community about the violations of human rights from the side of the russian federation. For example, about the filtration camps and forced deportation of Ukrainians to the country aggressor - russia.
8. Spread information about inhumane conditions in Azovstal, where civilians, wounded and defenders are still living right now. In Azovstal people are rotting alive, dying from wounds. They do not have food, water, or medicines. They are constantly being shot from air, sea, and land. They are not given the opportunity to evacuate the dead and mortally wounded. This is an intentional genocide and violation of all the rules of war.
9. Do not spread hatred, accusations, curses, or betrayals, like "there is nothing I can do to help". Also, do not accuse people of being part of "political factions" when they are trying to rescue people from Azovstal.
10. Remember that people at Azovstal sometimes have the ability to access social media and see who is trying to do everything they can for them and who is spreading provocations and controversies, wasting attention and time.
Let the soldiers and people of Mariupol see only support, unending love, and respect. Global Civil society has to develop a desire to do everything so our lives would rescue them.