We are what we eat .. really !!
Food offers many opportunities to create self-determination of one's physical and spiritual sustenance, as well as to resist the culture of commodification.
A healthy, varied and not excessive diet is essential, aided by proper chewing, digestion and purification of the body.
I don't want to lean out to identify one type of diet as "best" rather than another because everyone is different and occupies a very subjective niche in this world; I would like to try to clarify the ideal characteristics of food as a primary resource of Life.
I tend to be...
• Fresh: the shorter the time between the ground and the mouth, the better the strength and goodness of the food granted by the earth.
• Local: in addition to an ecological reason, eating what grows in one's own bioregion supports Life in that specific area, including man.
• Natural: fruit of the earth and of man's work in respect of it, organic
• Integral: whole, complete, "as Mom did it" (obviously subtracted parts that are toxic to us).
• Minimally processed: raw, still rich in its original properties and free of somewhat unhealthy added substances.
• Ripe: at the maximum concentration of energy, very tasty !!
• Frugal: consciously sober, which strengthens humility as it is contact with the earth.
Its truth that health is given by a correct diet, the result of an excellent relationship between nutrition and calories. This is due to the importance of quality over quantity, of the magic of dedicating to the search for a peaceful relationship between oneself and the gifts of Nature.